Job opportunity for a Paediatric Speech Pathologist
Paediatric Speech Pathologist
Inspire Ability is looking for a creative, skilled, experienced and passionate paediatric speech pathologist to join our team. At Inspire Ability we approach therapy with a creative mindset. We currently offer occupational therapy and speech therapy to many clients using traditional approaches as well as innovative approaches using musical instruments, singing, drama, dance, art and martial arts.
We are looking to expand our practice to include another speech pathologist who is passionate about working with a creative and fun-loving approach. At Inspire Ability we believe that having fun, expressing our creativity and using our whole body for learning is the foundation for wonderful results. We are after a speech pathologist who would enjoy using drama, song, sensory tools, music, art, karate or other creative skills to work with children in an “out of the box” approach toward achieving their speech pathology goals. You do not need to be a master at any of these creative skills, you just need to enjoy working creatively with children.
This position is for 3-5 days, depending on the needs of the successful applicant. It would involve working closely with children and their families on a weekly or fortnightly basis toward speech pathology goals to improve expressive and receptive language skills, social skills, play, communication (through a variety of means including visual communication systems) as well as many other skills!
At Inspire Ability, we LOVE our staff and we want this to be the best job you’ve ever had. We value our staff, their ideas, desires, learning goals and work-life balance. Our team is positive, supportive and full of kindness and respect for each other. We want to continue to grow this by extending this love and support to someone who is looking for a long term, creative, supportive, interesting position.
Perks of the position:
- A supportive and energetic multidisciplinary therapy and admin support team
- Brilliant clients!! They are amazing!!
- Starting salary well above award rates with scheduled pay reviews
- Option to have the school holidays off if desired
- Weekly supervision with senior therapist and daily case load support from the SP and OT team
- Generous annual personal CPD budget of $250/day worked
- Gradual build up of caseload with time for learning and shadowing other therapists.
- Allocated administration time and a wonderful admin team to support you
- An amazing clinic filled with fantastic resources and a generous budget for desired therapeutic resources
The right candidate would be:
- Passionate about a creative approach to therapy
- Experienced in working with children with ASD, ADHD and GDD
- Experienced in a creative skill that you are willing and able to incorporate into therapy in innovating ways.
- Very good at time management and written communication
- Able to develop excellent rapport with clients
- Team focused, enjoys being in a collaborative multidisciplinary team
The right candidate would have:
- Appropriate qualifications in Speech Pathology
- Current drivers’ licence with access to a reliable vehicle
- Current membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Current working with children check
- Completed the NDIS worker orientation manual
If this sounds like you please email your cover letter and resume to Jasmine, the managing director of Inspire Ability. I would love to hear from you. Please share your experiences as a speech pathologist, what you are looking for in your next position and why you feel you would be the right candidate based on the criteria listed above.