The Spoon Tip was specially designed by a feeding therapist, MS, CCC-SLP to support easy feeding and food removal. The size and shape of the spoon bowl are "just right" - big enough to hold an appropriate amount of food, but small enough to prevent the spoon from being overloaded with too much food.
When used with the Z-Vibe handle, the Spoon Tips can help "wake up" the mouth, increase awareness, and provide stimulation to the lips, tongue, cheeks, and jaw. A wonderful tool for any sensory mealtime treatment plan, these Spoon Tips have helped many therapists and parents get tube-fed children on their first solid foods.
These are similar to the standard Spoon Tips, but with gentle bumps on the back of the spoon. This texture helps transition children from puréed to textured foods and provides added tongue stability.
- No lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Each large tip measures about 9cm x 1cm.
- To be used with either the Z-Vibe or Z-Grabber handle (sold separately)
- The soft version (blue) is recommended for individuals with a strong bite reflex.
- These spoons are sized for children up to the age of roughly 3 years, depending on their mouth size.
Caution: this therapeutic tool should be used under adult supervision at all times. They are not toys. These therapeutic tools should be used by a professional therapist or a caregiver.